For some years, I had been maintaining a collection of quotes, using
Microsoft's PowerPoint. Because of increased activity, including the size
of the file, those slides have since been converted into this single web
page (which is continually being updated), so that they can be enjoyed by
all. Some are true, some generate thought, while others have made me
- Your smile is your logo. Your personality is your
business card. How you leave others feeling, after they have had an
experience with you, becomes your trademark!
- Be yourself! Believe in yourself!
- Let your smile change the world, but don't let the world change your smile.
- Never regret anything [or anyone!] that made you smile.
- A real friend is someone who sees the pain in your eyes, while everyone
else still believes the smile on your face.
- Donít cry because itís over, smile because it happened.
- There are Good Friends,
There are Best Friends,
And then there is You!
- Goodbyes are not forever
Goodbyes are not the end
They simply mean I'll miss you
Until we meet again!
- Someone will always be prettier.
Someone will always be smarter.
Someone will always be younger.
But they will never be you.
- Nothing in the world smells as good as the person you love.
- Nobody is perfect, but, you are perfect at being you; you are truly
beautiful and I am beautiful too.
- The best way to find out if you can trust somebody is to trust them.
I wrote your name in the sand, but the waves washed it away.
I wrote your name in the sky, but the wind blew it away.
So I wrote your name in my heart, and forever it will stay!
- We choose our friends, but we don't choose our family!
[Spiritually, we choose our parents!]
- To make a difference in someone's life, you don't have to be brilliant,
rich, beautiful, or perfect. You just have to care!
- Give what you can, and take what you need.
- How do we change the world?
One random act of kindness at a time (Morgan Freeman)
- If you want to know someone's mind, listen to their words.
If you want to know their heart, watch their actions.
- Fall in love with someone who wants you, who waits for you, who understands
you, even in the madness;
someone who helps you, and guides you; someone who is your support,
Fall in love with someone who talks with you after a fight.
- If your love was sincere, they will come back.
And if they don't, because of pride, their mind will forever regret
losing a true love like yours.
True love is hard to find. (Najwa Zebian)
- I have decided to stick with love. Hate is too great a burden to bear.
(Martin Luther King Jr.)
- It is often that we don't appreciate 'what we have' [or 'someone'] until
it [or she/he] has gone!
- Be kind!
Even if you may not be concerned, please accept that others around you may be.
"Respect is love in action". (Bangambiki Habyarimana)
- We are not a team because we work together.
We are a team because we respect, trust, and care for each other.
- Be a reflection of what you would like to receive.
If you want love, give love.
If you want truth, be truthful.
If you want respect, give respect.
What you give out will always return. (Kristen Butler)
- If vocalising your pain to someone results in them dismissing you,
this reflects poorly on their ability to provide you with support,
not the validity of your experience.
- Don't become preoccupied with your child's academic ability, but instead:
Teach them to sit with those sitting alone,
Teach them to offer help.
Teach them to be a friend to the lonely,
Teach them to encourage others.
Teach them to think about other people.
Teach them to share.
Teach them to look for the good.
This is how they will change the world.
- It doesn't make sense to hire smart people and tell them what to do;
we hire smart people so they can tell us what to do. (Steve Jobs)
- The only way to do great work is to love what you do.
If you haven't found it yet, keep looking.
As with all matters of the heart, you'll know when you find it [or her/him!].
- Loyal people get hurt the most.
- Absence makes the heart grow fonder!
- Know Your Worth
You must find courage to leave the table if respect is no longer being
served. (Tene Edwards)
- There is a reason for everything.
- A friend is one that knows you as you are, understands where you have
been, accepts what you have become, and still, gently allows you to
grow. (William Shakespeare)
- If you want to go fast, go alone; if you want to go far, go together!
(an old African proverb)
- Alone, we go fast.
Together, we go further!
- You can love a person deeply and truly and still decide that doing
so from a distance is best for your mental and emotional health.
- Your brand is what other people say about you when you're not in the
room. (Jeff Bezos, CEO of Amazon)
- Good things come to those who believe,
better things come to those who are patient,
and the best things come to those who don't give up.
- Kindness (noun): Loaning someone your strength, instead of reminding
them of their weakness.
- True kindness is helping someone, without expecting anything in return.
- The best boyfriend is not the best-looking, the funniest, or the richest.
It is the one that makes sure you know he loves you.
- A person who feels appreciated will always do more than what is expected.
- One small act of kindness is worth a month of heartlessness.
One generous gesture can compensate for a season of selfishness.
One precious moment of understanding can repair a lifetime of ignorance.
- I've learned that people will forget what you said,
people will forget what you did,
but people will never forget how you made them feel.
- Why does it take a minute to say "Hello", and forever to say "Goodbye"?
- What we once enjoyed and deeply loved, we can never lose,
for all that we love deeply becomes part of us. (Helen Keller)
- Life is short, break the rules,
forgive quickly, kiss slowly,
love truly, laugh uncontrollably,
and never regret anything that made you smile.
Twenty years from now
you will be more disappointed
by the things you didnít do
than by the ones you did.
So throw off the bowlines.
Sail away from the safe harbour.
Catch the trade winds in your sails.
Explore. Dream. Discover. (Mark Twain 1835-1910)
- Every person has worth.
Every person matters.
Every person deserves to be treated with decency and respect.
- Accept your past without regrets. [That is sometimes easier said
Handle your present with confidence
Face your future without fear.
- As you start your day, remember these individual statements:
Be considerate, respectful and kind to everyone. That is a reflection
of who you are.
What they do is a reflection of who they are.
Not everyone will see you as you really are. And that doesn't matter.
As long as you see the beauty and uniqueness within you, you don't need
Keep your head up high. And don't let anyone's lack of consideration
put you down.
Don't be a reflection of someone else. Be a reflection of yourself.
- If it is meant for you, it will follow you wherever you go. If it is
not meant for you, it could be sitting right next to you and never
truly belong to you. (Najwa Zebian)
- If you love something (someone?), set it (her) free.
If it (she) returns, you never lost it (her).
If it (she) disappears and never comes back,
It (she) was never yours to begin with.
- You see in others, what you are yourself.
- TRUTH does not mind being questioned.
A LIE does not like being challenged.
- Dead people receive more flowers than the living ones because regret
is stronger than gratitude. (Anne Frank)
- Because in spite of everything, I still believe that people are really
good at heart. (Anne Frank)
- Legend says: When you can't sleep at night, it's because you are awake
in someone else's dream.
- The ocean is everything I want it to be.
Beautiful, mysterious, wild and free. (Anonymous)
- The six best doctors are:
- No matter what people tell you, words and ideas can change the world.
- Politicians should wear sponsor jackets, so we know who owns them.
- The more informed you are, the less arrogant and aggressive you are.
- No-one is born hating another person because of the colour of his skin,
or his background, or his religion. People learn to hate, and if they
can learn to hate, they can be taught to love, for love comes more
naturally to the human heart than its opposite.
- A man who views the world the same at fifty as he did at twenty, has
wasted thirty years of his life! (Muhammad Ali)
- We are not human beings having a spiritual experience.
We are spiritual beings having a human experience.
(Teilhard de Chardin)
- There are no mistakes in life, only lessons. (Oscar Cainer and Jonathan
Cainer (RIP), Astrologists)
- I keep six honest serving-men. They taught me all I know. Their names
are: What and Why and When and How and Where and Who.
- When you replace "Why is this happening to me?" with "What is this
trying to teach me?", everything shifts.
- When you stop chasing the wrong things, you give the right things a
chance to catch you!
- Happiness starts with you!
Not with your relationships,
not with your job,
not with your money,
not with your circumstances,
but with you.
- A Project Manager is a person who thinks nine women can deliver a
baby in one month!
- I hate when people confuse education with intelligence.
You can have a Batchelor's degree, and still be an idiot!
- La grande ambition des femmes est d'inspirer l'amour.
(Jean-Baptiste Poquelin/Molière (1622-1673)
[The great ambition of women is to inspire love.]
- Love does not pass; it simply changes shape.
It takes a different form when it meets an obstacle that will not move.
(from Niall Williams' "Four Letters of Love")
- Live by the three Rs
Respect for self.
Respect for others.
Responsibility for all your actions.
When you lose, don't lose the lesson.
Remember that not getting what you want in life can be a wonderful
stroke of luck.
Judge your success by what you had to give in order to get it.
Approach love and cooking with reckless abandon. (Dalai Lama)
- If you think you are too small to make a difference, try sleeping with
a mosquito. (Dalai Lama)
- The most dangerous phrase in the language is "We have always done
it this way!"
- Interesting quote:
It is better to be poor than being broke!
- A physician once said "The best medicine for humans is love."
Someone asked "What if it doesn't work?"
He smiles and said "Increase the dose."
- Today is the Tomorrow we worried about Yesterday and All is Well.
(A quote on a restored wooden item featured in BBC's The Repair Shop,
currently the BEST program on British television.) Other links:
Repair Shop Theme
Repair Shop Theme (extended)
- Who reads the papers? - Yes, Prime Minister -
"The only way to understand The Press is to remember that they pander
to their readers' prejudices".
"Don't tell me about The Press. I know exactly who reads the papers.
The Daily Mirror is read by people who think they run
The Guardian is read by people who think they ought
to run the country.
The Times is read by people who actually do run
The Daily Mail is read by the wives of the people who
run the country.
The Financial Times is read by people who own the country.
The Morning Star is read by people who think the country
ought to be run by another country.
And the Daily Telegraph is read by people who think it is".
"Prime, Prime Minister, what about the people who read The
"Sun readers don't care who runs the country, so long as she's got big tits"!
- I am in competition with no-one.
I have no desire to play the gane of being better than anyone.
I am simply trying to be better than the person I was yesterday.
- When I despair, I remember that all through history, the way of truth
and love have always won. There have been tyrants and murderers, and
for a time, they can seem invincible, but in the end, they always fail.
Think of it - always. (Mahatma)
- Don't tell me I'm behind.
Don't tell me I'll be held back forever.
Don't tell me I need longer at school.
Don't tell me I'm lost.
Tell me I can do it.
Tell me you'll help me.
Tell me you believe in me.
Tell me we'll do it together.
Yours sincerely, The Children.
- Donít be impressed by money, followers, degrees and titles.
Be impressed by kindness, integrity, humility and generosity.
- Instead of buying your children all the things you never had,
you should teach them all the things you were never taught.
Material wears out, but knowledge stays. (Bruce Lee)
- Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it.
- The impossible we do at once; miracles take a little longer!
- Making miracles is hard work; most people give up before they happen.
- Tension is who you think you should be. Relaxation is who you are.
- We canít always change what happens to us, but we can change what
happens in us.
- From the sense of the past, we can make sense of the present!
- War is Godís way of teaching geography to Americans! (Stephen Fry
on BBC's QI program)
- "I'm not a robot" tick box! Who knew this about those statements!
Watch this clip and be surprised! BBC's QI program
- Tell me and I forget
Teach me and I may remember
Involve me and I learn (Benjamin Franklin)
- Only if we understand, we can care.
Only if we care, we will help.
Only if we help, we shall be saved. (Jane Goodall)
- If vocalising your pain to someone, results in them dissmissing you,
this reflects poorly on their ability to provide you with support,
not the validity of your experience.
- You cannot get through a single day without having an impact on the
world around you.
What you do makes a difference, and you have to decide what kind of
difference you want to make. (Jane Goodall; Planet Patrol #planetpatrol)
- When everything seems to be going against you, remember that an aeroplane
takes off against the wind, not with it! (Henry Ford)
- An old Cherokee told his grandson "My son, there is a battle between
two wolves inside us all.
One is Evil. It is anger, jealousy, greed, resentment, inferiority,
lies and ego.
The other is Good. It is joy, peace, love, hope, humility, kindness,
empathy and truth."
The boy thought about it, and asked, "Grandfather, which wolf wins?"
The old man quietly replied "The one you feed."
- It's hard to win an argument with a smart person, but it's damn near
impossible to win an argument with a stupid person. (Bill Murray)
- While you cannot control someone's negative behaviour, you can control
how long you participate in it!
- If you think it is expensive to hire a professional, wait until you
hire an amateur!
- For the mountins that you are carrying, you were only supposed to climb!
- The most important decision you make is to be in a good mood. (Voltaire)
- Mistakes don't require punishments; they require corrections!
- If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough.
- Bigamy is having one wife too many. Monogamy is the same. (Oscar
- Just because I am going through the menopause, doesn't mean I am going
to put men on pause! (Marie Osmond)
- Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and
remove all doubt (Abraham Lincoln, but read this from the
- Women's Creed: Men Are Like Linoleum.
If you lay them right the first time, you can walk on them for 20 years.
- A magnum is the correct amount of liquor for two people, so long as
one of them doesn't drink. (Winston Churchill)
- Lady Astor: "Mr. Churchill, you're drunk!"
Winston Churchill: "Yes, and you Madam, are ugly. But tomorrow,
I shall be sober!"
- Lady Astor: "Winston, if you were my husband, I'd put poison in your coffee!"
Winston Churchill: "Nancy, if you were my wife, I'd drink it!"
- During a visit to America, Winston Churchill was invited to a buffet
luncheon, at which cold fried chicken was served.
Returning for a second helping, he asked politely, "May I have some breast?"
"Mr. Churchill," replied the hostess, "in this country, we ask for
white meat or dark meat." Churchill apologized profusely.
The following morning, the lady received a magnificent orchid from
her guest of honor.
The accompanying card read: "I would be most obliged if you would
pin this on your white meat."
- It is a tail, told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying
nothing. (Macbeth; applies to Boris Johnson!)
- There will come a time when fascism will take over this great nation
of ours, and destroy the peaceful and economic ties with our
neighbours in Europe. They will come armed with their silver tongues,
and promising the earth.
Be extremely vigilant. (Winston Churchill; applies to Boris Johnson!)
- Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach a man to fish and
he will eat for a lifetime. (Confucius)
- If you are being attacked, that means you are worth attacking. If you
are worth attacking, you are winning.
- Humans are deuterostomes, which means that when they develop in the
womb, the anus forms before any other opening. That basically means,
at one point, you were nothing but an arsehole!
Some people never develop beyond this stage.
- It is better to keep your mouth shut - and let the world suspect that
you are a fool, than to open it and give the world its proof!
- A couple went to London's Natural History Museum, where they saw the
large dinosaur skeleton. They asked the attendant how old it was.
He said "It is 65 million, 14 years and 3 months old".
They said (in an American accent) "Well, that's amazing. Is that by
carbon dating? How can you tell so precicely how old it is"?
The attendant said "No. When I first came here, they told me it was
65 million years old, and I have been here 14 years and 3 months!"
(Stephen Fry on BBC's Quite Interesting (QI) program, 2009)
- What borders on stupidity?
Mexico and Canada!
Money can be re-earned
Time can be claimed back
Love can be re-ignited
Integrity is unrecoverable!
- [COVID-19] Germany is now advising people to stock up on sausages and
cheese; this is called the Wurst Käse scenario!
- "ANOTHER MONTH ENDS"
All Targets Met,
All Systems Working,
All Customers Satisfied,
All Staff Eager and Enthusiastic,
All Pigs Fed and Ready to Fly!
- Adequate care provided is always better than perfect care withheld.
(Emergency First Response (EFR) mantra)
- Donít forget to prioritise, otherwise everything gets worked on and
nothing gets done!
- Train people well enough so they can leave. Treat them well enough so
they don't want to! (Richard Branson)
- A lack of organisation on your part, does not mean an emergency on
- Plan B: If you intend pushing brown smelly stuff, donít push it my way!
- This is a crisis. A large crisis. In fact, if you've got a moment,
it's a twelve-storey crisis with a magnificent entrance hall, carpeting
throughout, 24-hour porterage and an enormous sign on the roof saying:
This is a Large Crisis! (Black Adder, S04E06)
- It is said that the observation deck of the Tour Montparnasse, enjoys
the most beautiful view in all of Paris, because it is the only place
from which the tower cannot be seen! (Nicolai Ouroussoff,
- Cricket - As Explained to a Foreigner:
You have two sides; one out in the field and one in. Each man that's
in the side that's in, goes out, and when he's out, he comes in, and
the next man goes in, until he's out. When they are all out, the side
that's out comes in, and the side thatís been in, goes out, and tries
to get those coming in, out. Sometimes, you get men still in and not
out. When a man goes out to go in, the men who are out, try to get
him out, and when he is out, he goes in and the next man in goes out,
and goes in.
There are two men called umpires, who stay out all the time, and they
decide when the men who are in, are out. When both sides have been in,
and all the men have been out, and both sides have been out twice after
all the men have been in, including those who are not out, that is the
end of the game!
- Rugby - The Rules
The fat guys all run into each other, while the slightly slimmer guys
stand in a line watching them. Eventually, the fat guys get tired and
have a lie down on top of each other. The ball comes out the back of
this lie down and the skinnier guys kick it back and forward to each
other for half an hour.
Then the fat guys wake up and start running into each other again.
Every now and again, the referee stops play because someone dropped
the ball. That's the only thing you are not allowed to do in rugby.
Everything else would appear okay. Sometimes, the group of fat guys
pushes the other group over the line and there is some manly hugging,
but no shifting like in soccer. After 80 minutes, they add up the
score and New Zealand wins.
- Ten Steps to Happiness (Sylvia Duckworth/@sylviaduckworth)
- Hate less, love more
- Worry less, dance more
- Take less, give more
- Consume less, create more
- Frown less, smile more
- Talk less, listem more
- Fear less, try more
- Judge less, accept more
- Watch less, do more
- Complain less, appreciate more
- Donít worry if you are a kleptomaniac. You can always take something
- Love your job but don't love your company. You may not know when
your company stops loving you. (Dr. AJP Abdul Kalam)
- Always leave the office on time.
- Work is a never-ending process; it can never be
- Interest of a client is important; so is your family.
- If you fall in your life, neither your boss nor
client will offer you a helping hand; your family and friends will.
- Life is not only about work, office and client.
There is more to life. You need time to socialise, entertain, relax
and exercise. Don't let life be meaningless.
- A person who stays late at the office is not a
hardworking person. Instead, s/he is a fool who does not know how
to manage work within the stipulated time. S/he is inefficient and
incompetent in her/his work.
- You did not study hard and struggle in life to become
- If your boss forces you to work late, s/he may be
ineffective and have a meaningless life too. So forward this to her/him.
- If you 'fail', never give up, because F.A.I.L. means "First Attempt In
'End' is not the end. In fact, E.N.D. means "Effort Never Dies".
If you get 'No' as an answer, remember N.O. means "Next Opportunity".
So let's be positive!
- The waiting man gets the wind behind him. So stop rushing into things,
and plan properly, in order to be successful!
- I sent my hubby a romantic text message:
If you are sleeping, send me your dreams.
If you are laughing, send me your smile.
If you are eating, send me a bite.
If you are drinking, send me a sip.
If you are crying, send me your tears.
He replied with: "I'm on the loo, please advise?"
- Lifeís problems wouldnít be called "hurdles" if there wasnít a way
to get over them!
- There is no lift to success. You have to take the stairs!
- Everyone is gifted, but some people never open their package!
- Projects begin with "1% of what we know about what WE KNOW", and "1%
of what we know about what WE DON'T KNOW". The remaining 98% is "what
WE DON'T KNOW about what WE DON'T KNOW" until we begin!
- I am in competition with no-one. I have no desire to play the game of
better than anyone. I am simply trying to be better than the person I
- When good men and women can't speak the truth,
When facts are inconvenient,
When integrity and character no longer matter,
When presidential ego and self-preservation are more important than
Then there is nothing left to stop the triumph of evil.
(Admiral William Harry McRaven, about Donald Trump, Feb-2020)
- (Master Yoda, in Star Wars: Episode I - The Phantom Menace)
Fear is the path to the dark side.
Fear leads to anger.
Anger leads to hate.
Hate leads to suffering.
- HaHaHa Living en Belgie
Word of the Day: Exhaustipated: Too tired to give a shit!
Click to reveal a QR Symbol for the Home Page