I have been maintaining a collection of quotes, using Microsoft's PowerPoint.
Those slides have been converted into this single web page, so that they
can be enjoyed by all. Some are true, while others have made me laugh.
- Your smile is your logo. Your personality is your business card.
How you leave others feeling, after they have had an experience with
you, becomes your trademark!
- Donít be impressed by money, followers, degrees and titles.
Be impressed by kindness, integrity, humility and generosity.
- A friend is one that knows you as you are, understands where you have
been, accepts what you have become, and still, gently allows you to
grow. (William Shakespeare)
- Donít cry because itís over, smile because it happened.
- There are Good Friends,
There are Best Friends,
And then there is You!
- War is Godís way of teaching geography to Americans! (Stephen Fry
on BBC's Quite Interesting (QI) program)
- One small act of kindness is worth a month of heartlessness.
One generous gesture can compensate for a season of selfishness.
One precious moment of understanding can repair a lifetime of ignorance.
- Absence makes the heart grow fonder!
- Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it.
(George Santayana, 1917)
- We canít always change what happens to us, but we can change what
happens in us.
- From the sense of the past, we can make sense of the present!
- Only if we understand, can we care.
Only if we care, we will help.
Only if we help, we shall be saved. (Jane Goodall)
- If you think it is expensive to hire a professional, wait until you
hire an amateur!
- Mistakes don't require punishments. They require corrections!
- If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough.
- Bigamy is having one wife too many. Monogamy is the same. (Oscar
- Women's Creed: Men Are Like Linoleum.
If you lay them right the first time, you can walk on them for 20 years.
- A magnum is the correct amount of liquor for two people, so long as
one of them doesn't drink. (Winston Churchill)
- Lady Astor: "Mr. Churchill, you're drunk!"
Winston Churchill: "Yes, and you Madam, are ugly. But tomorrow,
I shall be sober!"
- Lady Astor: "Winston, if you were my husband, I'd put poison in your coffee!"
Winston Churchill: "Nancy, if you were my wife, I'd drink it!"
- During a visit to America, Winston Churchill was invited to a buffet
luncheon, at which cold fried chicken was served.
Returning for a second helping, he asked politely, "May I have some breast?"
"Mr. Churchill," replied the hostess, "in this country, we ask for
white meat or dark meat." Churchill apologized profusely.
The following morning, the lady received a magnificent orchid from
her guest of honor.
The accompanying card read: "I would be most obliged if you would
pin this on your white meat."
- Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach a man to fish and
he will eat for a lifetime. (Confucius)
- It is better to keep your mouth shut - and let the world suspect that
you are a fool, than to open it and give the world its proof!
- A couple went to London's Natural History Museum, where they saw the
large dinosaur skeleton. They asked the attendant how old it was.
He said "It is 65 million, 14 years and 3 months old".
They said (in an American accent) "Well, that's amazing. Is that by
carbon dating? How can you tell so precicely how old it is"?
The attendant said "No. When I first came here, they told me it was
65 million years old, and I have been here 14 years and 3 months!"
(Stephen Fry on BBC's Quite Interesting (QI) program, 2009)
- What borders on stupidity?
Mexico and Canada!
Money can be re-earned
Time can be claimed back
Love can be re-ignited
Integrity is unrecoverable!
- [COVID-19] Germany is now advising people to stock up on sausages and
cheese; this is called the Wurst Käse scenario!
- "ANOTHER MONTH ENDS"
All Targets Met,
All Systems Working,
All Customers Satisfied,
All Staff Eager and Enthusiastic,
All Pigs Fed and Ready to Fly!
- Donít forget to prioritise, otherwise everything gets worked on and
nothing gets done!
- Train people well enough so they can leave. Treat them well enough so
they don't want to! (Richard Branson)
- The impossible we do at once, miracles take a little longer!
- A lack of organisation on your part, does not mean an emergency on
- Plan B: If you intend pushing brown smelly stuff, donít push it my way!
- This is a crisis. A large crisis. In fact, if you've got a moment,
it's a twelve-storey crisis with a magnificent entrance hall, carpeting
throughout, 24-hour porterage and an enormous sign on the roof saying:
This is a Large Crisis! (Black Adder, S04E06)
- It is said that the observation deck of the Tour Montparnasse, enjoys
the most beautiful view in all of Paris, because it is the only place
from which the tower cannot be seen! (Nicolai Ouroussoff,
- Cricket - As Explained to a Foreigner:
You have two sides; one out in the field and one in. Each man that's
in the side that's in, goes out, and when he's out, he comes in, and
the next man goes in, until he's out. When they are all out, the side
that's out comes in, and the side thatís been in, goes out, and tries
to get those coming in, out. Sometimes, you get men still in and not
out. When a man goes out to go in, the men who are out, try to get
him out, and when he is out, he goes in and the next man in goes out,
and goes in.
There are two men called umpires, who stay out all the time, and they
decide when the men who are in, are out. When both sides have been in,
and all the men have been out, and both sides have been out twice after
all the men have been in, including those who are not out, that is the
end of the game!
- Donít worry if you are a kleptomaniac. You can always take something
- The waiting man gets the wind behind him. So stop rushing into things,
and plan properly, in order to be successful!
- Lifeís problems wouldnít be called "hurdles" if there wasnít a way
to get over them!
- There is no lift to success. You have to take the stairs!
- Everyone is gifted, but some people never open their package!
- Projects begin with "1% of what we know about what WE KNOW", and "1%
of what we know about what WE DON'T KNOW". The remaining 98% is "what
WE DON'T KNOW about what WE DON'T KNOW" until we begin!
Click to reveal a QR Symbol for the Home Page